Comissioned Miniature Painting


40k Space Wolf Bjorn the Fell-Handed

I painted a Bjorn Fell-Handed earlier. For this Bjorn, client wanted it as a collection rather than for gaming. He mentioned this was his favourite character from the 40k world. The base was from Dragon Forge base. Have always liked Dragon Forge bases, they detailed and high quality. For this Bjorn the Fell-Handed, I used airbrush to paint as compared to the other client’s which is hand painted only. The chassis was airbrushed, which has that rich gradient flow as compared to hand painting Bjorn. I guess ever since I started airbrushing, my method of painting has evolved. Basing and base colour shading all starts with the airbrush, then after which the detail painting follows.

» View Source Article

40k Forgefiend

Client had this Forgefiend from ebay and wanted to refurbished it. I recall it was a bad paint job with thick paint coated. Should have taken a before picture to compare. Guess I was so excited to start. The paint was so thick that I had problem stripping it. In the end, I decided to just based coat it and repaint all over. Was expecting details level for the miniature to drop, but it turned out not too bad and looking good!

» View Source Article

40k Blood Angels and Death Company Assault Squad

I have 2 clients having 40k Blood Angels army. In other words, guess I have been painting or will be painting quite a lot of Blood Angel Space Marines. Death Company and Blood Angels assault squad, death from the sky! The Blood Angel assault squad was done in the usual shade of Blood Angel colours. Based it with Citadel Mephiston Red and washed it with Carroburg Crimson. Next, its highlighted with Mephiston Red and Evil Sunz Scarlet. Black I would say, its one of the most challenging shade to paint for a Space Marine. I blended and the edges of the Death Company Space Marines with Citadel Administratum Grey and Chaos Black. Thereafter, the edges were edge highlighted with white to give a more sharper feel. Think I will have more Death Company to paint in the coming projects… Cheers!

» View Source Article

40k Eldar Windraiders

Completed this squad of Eldar Windraiders a while back. Totally forgotten all about it until I was sorting out my photos. Recalled this was a urgent project and the Windraiders came and left. Had the squad of Windraiders painted in the same blue colour scheme as client’s Eldar squad colour. The Eldar pilot was done in a grey shade and a white helmet design. The stripe design on the Windraiders I had to mask it with a Tamiya masking tape forming a V shape design, thereafter, painting the stripe design with a thinned down grey and then highlighted it with white. Though I painted the stripe with thinned paint over few layer, I still get a little of painted built up at the edges of the masking. After the removal of the masking tape, with a little clean up with extra fine sandpaper, everything looks good to roll out! Cheers!

» View Source Article

40k Space Wolves Bjorn The Fell-Handed

I guess this had to my first 40k Space Wolves project. Completed this Space Wolves Dreadnought Bjorn The Fell-Handed a while back. The colours were standard Space Wolves design which was nothing to shout about. I added battle damages and paint chipped on random areas of the dreadnought. The back of the dreadnought had be to weathered with black weathering powder from Secret Weapon miniatures to give an engine grinding feel. A snow themed based was requested by client. For the snow, it was a mixture of army painter snow, PVA glue and baking soda powder. I had to experiment with a few mix to get the correct snow feel. On a snow themed base, Bjorn The Fell-Handed, definitely looks ready and awesome! Cheers!

» View Source Article

St Augustine

Once a while I do get interesting painting commission project from various client, like the St. Augustine Project. Client got this St Augustine figure from one of his overseas trip. The default original paint job was not so well done at all. I was delighted to give St Augustine a complete nice makeover. Did some research about the history of St Augustine and this project turned out to be a real knowledge and history gainer. Went through quite a few ideas and proposal for the design and colour choice with client before I started. The end result turned out more than I expected, and St Augustine looked much more amazing! Cheers!

» View Source Article

Daemons Of Khorne Bloodthirster

Managed to complete a Khorne Bloodthirster project quite a while back. I was very pleased with the results. Started off with quite a few research and choice of colour scheme requirement by client for the Bloodthirster. The Bloodthirster as mentioned by my client, was one of his favourite miniature in his Khorne or Daemons army. The colour scheme decided was much to a typical sort of red feel as its with most demons imagined. I had the body, wings and the whip weapon painted as an sub assembly. The body went through layers of washes and glaze followed by fine highlights. The wings were painted using wet blending techniques over many layer to obtain a near smooth gradient feel. As the Khorne Bloodthirster was in a leaping sort of pose, I imagined it being summoned and it appeared out from a pile of bones. Did some planning and shopping for the base design. The base is from Dragon Forge base. I managed to get a bag of skulls from Secret Weapon. Assembled the Bloodthirster to the base, and I slowly skull by

» View Source Article