Flintloque


Flintloque Undead

Earlier this year I posted details of some Flintloque themed headless Zombies I had modelled and painted for details see this post. At the same time I was also working on these five miniatures and I thought it was about time I finished them.I don't have any work-in-progress images to show you but it is my intention to add some more photos of my Flintloque Witchlands collection and to that end, I am labelling September as Flintloque Deadloque month. Expect more treats throughout the month.There is not much to say about these five figures. I have modified the shako plumes with green stuff and bulked-out some of the features (particularly around the legs), but in the main they are stock Alternative Armies metal castings. The painting was done with a mix of acrylic colours then varnished and finished with static grass tufts.Tony

» View Source Article

Flintloque Undead - part eight

Another short update.I have remodelled the figure on the left and repainted some of the uniform as I was not happy with the initial paint work. The three other miniatures have had some additional work, mainly tidying-up.It is amazing that even though I have some very expensive and quite innovative holders, my go-to mini holder remains the simple cork and Bluetack.Tony

» View Source Article

Flintloque Undead - part seven

Not that much to show, but at least there is some progress. I have decided to concentrate on the four Headless Undead Zombies and although there is still a lot of work to do on them, there is at least some more paint on these four figures.As I study these miniatures, I am a little disappointing that I have not been able to do a better paint job - I realised that I am my biggest critic, but I should have better control over my sable/man-made brushes than this. I might re-paint them.....Tony

» View Source Article

Flintloque Undead - part four

This particular project is moving forward a little slower than I would like (other work related issues are taking priority) but I have undercoated all nine models ready for the first layers of real paint.The undercoat is a mixture of Charred Brown from Vallejo and Chaos Black from Games Workshop - I find that a pure Chaos Black is a little too stark.Hopefully, I can find time to proceed with the painting in the next couple of days.Tony

» View Source Article

Flintloque Undead - part three

The latest update shows work on the bases. Firstly; the 2p coins have been built-up with Milliput two part epoxy putty covering the integral metal basesand then I have added some sieved stones and sand over PVA glue to add even more texture.I prefer detailing my bases before undercoating and painting, rather than adding this after painting the miniature. I am aware that this is not the normal practice but something I have done for some years now.Tony

» View Source Article

Flintloque Undead - part two

Nine Flintloque miniatures modified and based on to 2p coins.The first four are to add to my Headless Zombies, see this link for more details.They are (from left to right) a Deadloque Elf, an Undead with axe, an Ogre and another Deadloque Elf. I first cut off their heads and then drilled out the necks with a Dremel before tidying up the collars with green stuff.The final five are all from the Deadloque set and were purchased via EBAY. I have extended their shako plumes with green stuff over a paperclip wire former.Tony

» View Source Article

Flintloque Undead - an On-Line Build for March 2019

It's been some time since I have painted up some Flintloque miniatures - earlier this year while browsing EBAY I saw a batch of 11 mixed figures that I was able to purchase for just £1.99 (they had been mis-labelled as 40mm and not Flintloque or Slaughterloo). I have chosen these seven minis to base and paint up as Undead and over the next couple of weeks, you can follow my progress here on the Blog.Tony

» View Source Article

The Pumpkin Patch - part two painting

Following on from my earlier post The Pumpkin Patch - part one construction, here I show how I painted this simple piece of Flintloque themed terrain.The groundwork was painted in a custom-mix of Beasty Brown and Charred Brown from Vallejo then drybrushed with a slightly lighter mix of the same colour. The small section of stone wall was painted in muted grey, drybrushed with Beasty Brown to show the texture and blend it into the ground colour.The green scrub was painted in various greens, starting with a dark green and subsequently highlighting up to a yellow-green to show the texturing of the man-made foliage used to model the scrub.I picked out odd stones in grey which were highlighted with white.Then 'washed' the whole base with Games Workshop Sepia and Black washes to exaggerate the sculpted detail.The pumpkins were painted orange. I started with a brown-orange base, then Hot Orange from Vallejo and highlighted with yellow mixed with the Hot Orange before adding a small green stalk to each one.

» View Source Article