Legions of Nagash
I didn't have very many Nighthaunt units in my Legions of the Infernal Skull undead army. In fact, the Spirit Hosts are the only unit that I had finished before the release of the Nighthant Battletome. While I'm not about to re-base my Legion from squares, I have decided to re-base the Spirit Hosts to match my round-based Nighthaunt army. This tutorial will show the process I used to re-base the Spirit Hosts, while preserving all the work I put into their scenic bases. I'll also show you how to deal with those pesky rows of peg tubes under the 40mm square bases. Read more »
I recently finished my unit of Hexwraiths, so I thought it only fitting to show off some detail photos and take a look back at the long road to bring this project to its conclusion. It only took Frodo and Sam a year to walk all the way to Mordor and back, but it took me more than two years to paint these 10 models. In my defense, this was a pretty ambitious project...Read more »
I had put my Nighthaunt projects aside to work on some scenery, endless spells, and to finish off my Skaven backlog. With all that out of the way, I've had some time to get back in the swing of painting wraiths... Read more »
Hi all, welcome back to Tale of Tuesdays where I share my Bood bowl progress!So the latest additions are the mummy and the ball. Both of which took no time to paint, mainly due to contrast speeding up the process loads in certain areas such as the bandages on the mummy, and the tiny lil' skellie in the ball. You got to admit, it is pretty damn cute. I had a bit of a hickup this month with my undercoat making one of my tokens fuzzy. I undercoated these with a can to speed the process up and in my haste simply must not have shaken it enough. I haven't botched a spray in years, so ruining one of my tokens out of the blue really annoyed me!More after the jump
Hi, all! Now that the Warcry hype is out there, I wanted to show to you this Necromancer of the Legions of Nagash I finished recently. It's the Necromancer from the Mortis Engine who was left over as I want to use the Engine parts for Kurdoss Valentian. Therefor, the Necromancer could also be the start of a Warcry warband.What do you think and what would you add for a Legions of Nagash warband? Leave a comment or reaction below...
Introducing the first of my BloodBowl team for Tale of Tuesdays! Champions of Death - Spaceshrimp flavour.So despite being a really easy going and playful person in general, I actually take this hobby quite "seriously". What I mean by that is, I am not a fan of out of place conversions or paint schemes. If painting your Primaris like Buzz Lightyear is your thing, then power to you! Just totally not my approach at all. However, I think Bloodbowl lends it's self really well to having a bit of fun with the team names and themes and being a little bit silly.More after the jump
At long last– Nachtmar, the Living Nightmare is ready to be unleashed upon the world...Read more »
The Warscryer Citadel is finished! I hope you enjoy this gallery and "walk around" tour of the terrain piece. Read more »
Hi all! Today I present to you some "old school" Vampire Counts ladies from the Coven Throne which I used for this little diorama. I imagine they are awaiting their dinner erm date... Had a lot of fun to paint them. Blood for the blood god... ah nooo… :D I wish you all a Merry Christmas in advance, see you next year!
The converted Blood Knights are finally finished! Read more »
One of the pressing questions for many hobbyists building an Undead army, whether it's Soulblight, Legions of Nagash, generic Death, or even classic Warhammer Vampire Counts, is what to do for Blood Knights. The Games Workshop kit is a little pricey compared to many of their other cavalry model sets. At $100 USD for a 5-man unit, they are easily one of the most expensive units to field.The Blood Dragon unit debuted in the 2008 Vampire Counts army book for the 7th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy. Since then I've been wracking my brain with how to convert unique Blood Knights that would look the part and (maybe) be less expensive. I found the solution, which I mentioned a few posts back, so here's a look at how I converted my Blood Knights: Read more »
I've had a number of projects that were on hold because I was either waiting for a crucial part, or I had other things that needed to be finished first. With my banshee choir finally finished, I can move forward on those other projects...Read more »
The trio of banshees is finished at last! Here is their story, along with a look at how I converted the models:Read more »
I just returned from a trip to Japan and the Philippines. The first model finished since I got back is the Burning Head endless spell:Read more »
If you've been following my blog for long enough, you may remember my post about the Shelf of Shame™ from way back in 2013. Lord Oren Koth is one of the last items on the shelf to be completed. He was initially envisioned as a mounted battle flag (or infernal standard), but since that's no longer an option in Legions of Nagash armies, I traded out the banner pole for a tomb blade.Read more »