work in progress
Chainsaws not only have a long-standing tradition at Blood Bowl, they are also a great excuse some conversions a try. Since I always wanted to field Ugroth Bolgrot once, but never liked the classic model, I built my own version. On the one hand, that had the advantage that I could use it, if I […]
Match reports are always a double-edged sword in Blood Bowl. They are wonderfully entertaining, but the documentation and smoothing can cost a normal worker like me a whole week of free evenings. For this reason I`ll have only a small summary this time, but full reports will surely come at some time in the future. […]
Happy Easter! Today we cover a small easter egg with the Genestealer Cult. I got myself the Nexos, one of the characters released recently for the re-vamped army of Warhammer 40k. As character models aren't produced in metal or finecast anymore (at least mostly, there are some exceptions like Commissar Severina Raine), but come as […]
Beside the Last Patrol Kickstarter by Black Scorpion, I pledged the Conquerors of Mictlan campaign by Antediluvian Miniatures last year in September. It was supposed to be delivered in January 2019 - it wasn't. Dropped here in mid of march. For a range of miniatures, that were mostly done and only needed casting, that's mediocre […]
As the Song of Ice and Fire continues tonight on HBO, beginning the final chapter of the Game of Thrones, it is a good time, to look into my own tale of Westeros. There are two incredibly well done projects about A Song of Ice and Fire in 28mm. One is done by the famous […]
Ages ago, I did a quick bit of modelling on a plastic Avengers Quinjet, nothing fancy, I just added some wheels. This was mainly to be some scenery at a space port or something. I put off painting it for ages as I decided to wait until I got a new airbrush and use it as another test piece. The top was okay, in fact I was quite pleasd with the cammo effect I managed, but I did get some nasty splatter on the underneath. I also decided I did not like the blue very much. I can fix that…
With this big bad boy, I sprayed it all white and then did some areas black. Using an airbrush has way more control than an aerosol can, so it is possible to target small areas. I still need to practice more, but I feel like I am getting the hang of it slowly but surely.
This is the Transformers model that I bought for next to nothing on eBay. I have removed all the internal crap and glued plastic over all the openings I could see from the inside, of which there were lots. It actually did not take long and in the greater scheme of things, this was one of the quickest conversions I have done, it only took three episodes of Game Of Thrones (I’m watching series 2 again). Now for undercoating with my new compressor, in white this time…
After many year of thinking about and wondering if the investment would be worth it, I have finally purchased a compressor to see what I can do with it. I sprayed a few bit of paper and then decided to have a go at undercoating something I was not going to be worried about if it all went horribly wrong. So to start with I picked on a fair sized lump of plastic with the intention of just undercoating it in Vallejo Air Gun Metal. I selected my Mantic Tunneller as it does not need to have a clean finish. Once I got started, I realised that spraying Gun Metal onto a grey model means it is quite difficult to see where the paint is actually going… I then did a few bits black, which it means it is much easier to see where the paint is going… First results were okay, I will have to get more practice in. I picked out the detail by hand and finished off with a bit of drybrushing.
One of the many problems with eBay is that I keep using it to buy crap. Luckily this Transformers Ark only cost a couple of quid, when I say a couple of quid, I actually mean £1.90 which was too good to turn down really. I am going to strip out all of the interior, cover all the holes from the inside and then glue it so it does not transform any more. As I now have a new compressor for my airbrush, this will be one of my test pieces to practice on before I attempt painting anything important.
In my last post, I took a quick look at a couple of pieces of terrain that I was working The post Blood and Plunder Canoa and Piragua – Work in Progress appeared first on Must Contain Minis [MCM].
I don’t post many WIP (Work In Progress) articles on Must Contain Minis. In this post, I dig back into The post 28mm Terrain – Work in Progress – Camp Fire and Steel Barricade appeared first on Must Contain Minis [MCM].
For my second Imperial Knight, magnetising the Chainsword/Power Glove options was a little bit more complicated then the ranged weapon options on the first Knight. The first step was to get all the bits laid out so I could work out where to make the magnetised joint and what spacers were required for the magnets. I had to do plenty of trimming and drilling on the main arm joint to take a 6mm diameter magnet. Another magnet was added in the Chainsword join on top of some plasticard spacer. This should work well when the whole thing is painted and fitted together.
At the end of August, I've held a Konflikt 47 walker in my hands for the first time and was thus able to gain my first experiences with the Coyote kit. The walker is delivered in a box, but is effectively housed in a classic clampack. After I freed the Mech from his package, the […]
On the Sweetwater board (a German speaking online community with focus on historical wargaming), on irregular intervals a centralized order at the Perrys is organized. Usually I'd suggest supporting your local dealer, but as the Perry blisters and individual sprues are more or less direct only (you can buy them at events like Crisis or […]